Water crisis 4/11/21

In class this week, we have been learning about the water in the world and how there is bacteria and dirt that lives inside of the water. An example of this can be found in Africa. The cholera outbreak in Africa was because of the sewage treatment that came from the industrialised countries over a century ago. The cholera outbreak was deadly and killed a lot of Africans. Trying to improve the cholera problem in Africa is something that interests me. We also learned about other diseases and how dirty water affects countries. Some people have to travel many miles to get freshwater. Some people don’t have access to clean water at all. Many people will risk their lives to get water!

I would like to research more about water and how to help the people in Africa. It would be interesting to find new ways to purify water and bring it to these people so that they don’t have to spend their whole day just to get drinking water. This project makes me wonder what is inside of our water. It also makes me want to learn more about the types of bacteria that live in water. What are ways that we can make water cleaner for everyone? How can we help others with collection of water? How can we help Africa to clean up their water?